Sunday, September 19, 2010

My own Way of Successfully Installing NodeJS in VPS

Today, I'm gonna show you all how I successfully installed NodeJS in a VPS I bought. Please leave a comment in the comment section below if you have any questions. I hoped that this post will help people who's gonna try NodeJS and can't find a way the exact way on installing it.

1st,

I went to my vePortal Panel and reloaded my Operating System to Ubuntu 10.04 x86 or x86_64. Then I waited until the VPS is running again.

2nd,

Since, I am using windows, I downloaded Putty SSH Client and use it to gain access to my VPS.

3rd,

I go to this link http://www.howtonode.org/how-to-install-nodejs to easily install the NodeJS into my VPS using root account.

My alternative if anyone asking:
cd ~
wget http://nodejs.org/dist/node-v0.2.2.tar.gz
tar xvfz node-v0.2.2.tar.gz
cd node-v0.2.2
./configure
make
make install

4th,

I created a new user using this linux command.

useradd -d /usr/pyrostrex pyrostrex
passwd pyrostrex

5th,

I make the home directory for the new username and change the owner using this linux command.

mkdir /usr/pyrostrex
chown -R pyrostrex /usr/pyrostrex

6th,

I downloaded vsftpd using this linux command.

apt-get install vsftpd

7th,

I then change the config file of vsftpd "/etc/vsftpd.conf". I set "write_enable" to true by removing the "#" at the start of the line.

To open config file:
nano /etc/vsftpd.conf

8th,

I then restart the service of vsftpd.

service vsftpd restart

9th,

Again, since I am using windows, I used FileZilla as my ftp client and connect to my VPS using my newly created username with the password I have set before.

10th,

I uploaded all things I wanna try with NodeJS using FileZilla, cd to the folder using SSH and start it with,

node test.js

No comments:

Post a Comment